Saturday, February 20, 2010

this makes me happy.

 
it's the aftermath of interpreting a mossy, sunlit log from film to watercolor. (notice i said "interpreting." it was a very loose interpretation. but so enjoyable.) 

this late winter sunlight has been inspiring me. even just going to sit in it - for my quiet time or while i do schoolwork or with my camera - is immensely therapeutic. maybe i have spring fever and that's why i've been feeling so squirrelly within four walls. but i don't think it's just the season. i think being out there in the open air is something that we always need.

so i've been more conscious. the intention is to soak up some of the outdoors every day. (notice i said "every day." not just "on days when the sun is shining." this is why i need a pair of {cute} rain boots.)

creation is (some of) God's art. it's just one more way i can enjoy Him. and that - that makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. there is nothing like looking at God's creation. when i look at a sunset, and knowing the Hands the created it for our enjoyment, it just gives me goosebumps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s., i think every girl needs a very cute pair of rainboots... ;)

    ReplyDelete